Rollerblades are a popular form of transportation and recreation, as well as a competitive sport. They are also called inline skates, quad skates or quad roller skates.
Most people who wear rollerblades do so for fun and exercise, but roller skating is also a competitive sport. Rollerblades are available in different sizes for varying age groups and skill levels. The price of rollerblades depends on the model, size and quality of the skate.
Rollerblades are a type of inline skate that have two wheels. They are worn over shoes and the user’s feet are strapped into the skates using a belt or elastic laces.
Rollerblades were invented in the mid-1980s by Jake Scott, who founded Rollerblade Inc. in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He designed them as an alternative to ice skates for use on dry surfaces such as roads and sidewalks, but they quickly became popular among skaters who preferred them to traditional roller skates. In addition to recreational use, rollerblades can be used for fitness training and racing on specially designed courses.
How Much Do Rollerblades Cost?
The cost of inline skates varies depending on the type you want to buy and where you get them.
Depending on the manufacturer and characteristics, a recreational pair of roller skates for boys or girls will cost $20-$70. For instance, the Roller Derby Coyote adjustable female roller blade costs $50.
A pair of recreational rollerblades for men or women can cost anywhere from $50 to $200. For example, the Bladerunner Women’s Pro 78 retails for $60, while the Men’s Rollerblade Crossfire 90MX costs $170.
A pair of trick-oriented street rollerblades, such as the Rollerblade NewJack Street Skate, will set you back $150-$300. Inline speed skates, like as the Luigino Attitude 195, can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000.
Factors That Affect The Total Cost Of Your Rollerblades
The cost of rollerblades depends on a number of factors. The first is the size of your feet. If you have small feet, you’ll need to get a smaller size rollerblade. This means that they will be more expensive than a larger size that can fit bigger feet:
- Aluminium: Aluminum is the least expensive type of material used in manufacturing rollerblades. This makes them extremely affordable and also very light in weight meaning that they are easy to move around on long distances without feeling tired or exhausted easily. However, aluminum also has its drawbacks including being prone to rusting when exposed to water for too long or when not properly looked after properly (such as wiping down after use).
- Steel: Steel is a slightly more expensive option compared to aluminum but it does come with some additional benefits such as being able to withstand harsh weather conditions better than aluminum which makes it ideal for outdoor skating activities such as street skating where there may be lots of dust and dirt present on the road surface.
- Brand name: Products usually cost more than generic brands because they have a reputation for being better quality products than their competitors’ offerings at lower prices; however, this does not always mean that brand name products are better than their cheaper counterparts!
- The style and design of your new pair of skates may also increase their price tag; for example, skates designed for professional athletes often come with extra features like.
- Size: The size of your wheels is an important factor in determining how much money you’ll spend on rollerblades. Smaller wheels tend to be less expensive than larger ones because they’re easier to manufacture and don’t need as much material to create them. However, smaller wheels also mean your feet will hit the ground more often when you’re traveling at high speeds, which can lead to injury if they’re not made well.
- The type of skates you choose: The type of skates you choose is one of the most important factors that affect the total cost of your rollerblades.
- The cost of a pair of rollerblades differs greatly depending on the type of skate and how much you pay for it. For example, if you are looking for a cheap pair that you can use for a couple of months, then you can go with a pair of freestyle rollerblades. The price ranges from $60 to $100. If however, you want to go with a premium skate which will last long and provide better performance then you should consider buying an aggressive skate. The price range is between $125 and $200.
What are the extra costs?
While the rollerblade’s body and boot will last a long time, the wheels and brakes will need to be replaced from time to time. With moderate use, rotating the wheels will help them live longer, but they will still need to be replaced once a year. The breaks will be similar. Breaks will set you back roughly $5, while wheels might set you back up to $8 per wheel.
- Safety Equipment
Don’t forget to bring safety equipment. Wrist guards will cost $10, knee pads will cost $15 to $40, and elbow pads will cost $15. When purchased as part of a package, the expenses can be reduced.
Skating should be done with a cycle helmet, which is optional. A nice helmet will set you back between $40 and $65.
What you should know:
Just because a rollerblade is inexpensive does not mean it will be a good buy. Make careful to read the reviews online because they will provide a wealth of information on the rollerblade. Skates that are less expensive have a poor reputation for quality and longevity.
It’s a good idea to try on the rollerblades in person. This will give you a fair idea of how they will fit together. Even though the size is the same, buying them online can result in a poor fit.
Always check to see if the skates are a good fit. Blisters or even rashes along the foot can occur if the skates aren’t snug enough. Make sure your toes are at the end of the skates, that the skates don’t pinch your heel, and that your heel can’t move around freely. When trying on skates in the store, make sure you put your socks on as if you were going to use them. Bringing sports socks with you is a good idea.
If you’re new to rollerblading, try to skate somewhere that’s clean and not too crowded. Make certain that there is no dirt on the ground. A skater can be thrown off by even the tiniest stone.
Skates are usually half-size bigger or half-size smaller. Each brand will have its own size, just like sneakers.
Consider the following brands:
Out of all the wheels, brakes and frames that exist, the wheels seem to last the longest for rollerskates. They are virtually indestructible and are a standard “unbreakable” item. Another important item is the frame. A decent but not overly expensive rollerblade frame will ensure that your skates don’t bend out of shape or break in the midst of a long session.
A good pair of rollerblades will cost at least $60, but if you want one of the better pairs, expect to pay around $70 to $100.