Bengal cats are beautiful animals that have won over many feline lovers’ hearts. Their gorgeous markings, whether they are spots, marble, or rosettes, are highly distinctive. Their personalities match their larger size combining the qualities of a wild jungle cat and a housecat but those who love them will pay a high Bengal cat price.
The price of Bengal cats in Australia can vary depending on several factors, including location, breeder reputation, and the cat’s age, appearance, and lineage. On average, Bengal cats can cost anywhere from AUD 1,500 to AUD 4,000 or more. It is important to adopt from reputable breeders to ensure a healthy and well-socialized cat.
Here’s how much a Bengal Cat costs in Australia:
Bengal Cat Prices
|Bengal Cats in Australia|
|Bengal Kitten (medium quality)||$1,000|
|Bengal Kitten (high quality)||$1,500|
|Bengal Kitten (show breeder quality)||$2,500|
|Bengal Queen (aged female)||$1,200|
|Bengal Stud (aged male)||$1,200|
|Due to the nature of the cat and their variety, accurate pricing is difficult to measure.|
Bengal Cat Price Updates
- July 2022 – Prices do not seem to have changed.
- November 2022 – There is no indication of and increase/decrease in prices over the past 6 months.
As you can see, prices vary far and wide depending on the type of Bengal you’re after and the age of the cat.
But what are all the factors taken into consideration when coming to a final selling price?
The Price Of A Bengal Cat
On average, Bengal cats can cost anywhere from AUD 1,500 to AUD 4,000 or more. It is important to adopt from reputable breeders to ensure a healthy and well-socialized cat.
You may be thinking to yourself, why the bloody hell are these cats so expensive? Well…there are a number of factors which come into play when pricing a Bengal.
For one – their popularity. They are known around the world for being an exotic and elegant kitty, and as such, are priced accordingly. These guys are the diamonds of the cat world – everyone wants one.
It’s all about the genes with these cuties. The type and behavioural traits of the parents play an extremely important part in determining how the kitten will turn out.
This is the reason you’ll see many online Bengal breeders (see below for list) detailing who the parents are and how they behave .
As such, those with traits we humans think highly of, are priced the same way – higher.
The pattern of their fur also plays an important role in determining their selling price. This is, however, dependent on your own personal preferences.
Where do I find a Bengal Cat for sale?
You can find Bengal cats for sale from the following sources:
- Reputable breeders: Search for Bengal cat breeders in your local area and make sure they have a good reputation.
- Online marketplaces: Websites like PetClassifieds and Kijiji may have listings for Bengal cats for sale in your area.
- Pet adoption agencies: Some pet adoption agencies specialize in Bengal cats and may have them available for adoption.
- Cat shows: Bengal cat shows are a great place to find breeders and see the cats in person.
- Social media: Search for Bengal cat breeders or enthusiasts on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
When buying a Bengal cat, it is important to do your research and find a reputable breeder who raises healthy and well-socialized cats. Avoid pet stores, as the cats may have been obtained from inhumane breeding facilities.
Why Bengal Cats Are So Expensive
Bengal cats are considered expensive due to several factors:
- Breeding process: Bengal cats are a hybrid breed that results from breeding an Asian leopard cat with a domestic cat. This breeding process is time-consuming and requires specialized knowledge and expertise, which drives up the cost.
- Rare breed: Bengal cats are a rare breed, and the demand for them often exceeds the supply. This scarcity can drive up the price of Bengal kittens.
- Appearance: Bengal cats have a unique, wild appearance that many people find appealing. Their distinctive markings, pattern, and glittery coat contribute to their popularity and high price.
- Health: Reputable Bengal breeders invest in the health and well-being of their cats, and this investment is reflected in the price of their kittens. Health screenings, genetic testing, and top-quality food and care are all factors that contribute to the higher cost of Bengal cats.
- Popularity: Bengal cats have become increasingly popular in recent years, and this popularity has driven up demand and, in turn, the price.
Overall, the high cost of Bengal cats reflects the time, effort, and resources that go into breeding and raising healthy and well-socialized cats.
What if I can’t afford a Bengal?
If you cannot afford a Bengal cat, there are several alternatives you can consider:
- Adoption: Check with local animal shelters and rescue organizations for Bengal cats that are up for adoption. Adopting a cat can be less expensive than buying one from a breeder, and you’ll be giving a loving home to a cat in need.
- Other breeds: Consider adopting a different breed of cat that may be less expensive. There are many breeds of domestic cats that make wonderful pets, and they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Wait: If you are set on owning a Bengal cat, consider saving up to purchase one from a reputable breeder. This can take time, but it will ensure that you are able to afford the costs associated with owning a Bengal cat, such as food, litter, toys, and veterinary care.
Remember, owning a cat is a long-term commitment and involves significant costs. Be sure to research and prepare for the responsibilities of cat ownership before making a decision.
Owning a Bengal cat is something to think about because they have advantages and disadvantages. They are expensive and could be more expensive to maintain, considering their diets and other needs, but also are an interesting mix of personality and good looks. Many say is worth the price.
Hi! I’m Barry. I created Cost Niche because I noticed many websites only provide USA prices, and nothing for other countries. So I spent a bit of time researching and put this site together. If you have any questions about the prices – let me know in the comments below. If you want to learn more about what Cost Niche is all about, click here.